It goes without saying that those responsible for such attacks should be strongly condemned and prayers go out to all the victims of such attacks.
That being said, it is a travesty how the media covers such events and why they cover it that way. It seems as if there is a template dragged out or memorized by anchors across the self-loathing American Media the second that news breaks of any tragic attack or shooting.
The way this template reads is as follows:
- Breaking News: Terror and/or shooting
- Analysis: Why this is or could be a “rightwing” or “tea party”type extremist attack.
- Analysis: Why rightwingers should be marginalized or possibly incarcerated.
- Breaking News: Terrorist is an Islamic extremist OR liberal leaning medicated nut job.
- Analysis: It must have been a “lone wolf”.
- Analysis: We need to understand why this person was so angry/ what we did wrong.
In the San Jose Mercury News, the California High-Speed Rail Authority is filing a civil action suit against all residents who wish to pursue legal action to block bonds from being issued to fund the state’s billion high-speed rail project. Residents who fail to join this suit now would be barred from contesting this issue in the future. http://denham.house.gov/press-release/icymi-california-high-speed-rail-authority-files-lawsuit-against-citizens
* To encourage Republicans of Good Character in Stanislaus County to seek public offices at all levels.
* To support all Republican nominees for partisan office and to contribute funds, leadership, manpower and experience to their campaigns for elected office.
* To build and maintain countywide precinct and campaign organizations, and to provide a central headquarter for the campaign committees of all endorsed Republican nominees for office.
* To provide information necessary to help inform the general public about the Republican Party in general, the positions of the Party, and its candidates at the county, state, and national level.
* To broaden the scope of The Republican Party’s participation in Stanislaus County.
* To grow Republican participation in the political process throughout the community, to register Republican voters, and to get out Republican Voters in an election.